Friday, January 11, 2013

Ga Trip!

It was so fun to go to Ga for awhile at the beginning of December. I went by way of many stop... so many friends, so many hugs. Long, encouraging talks. Putting up Christmas trees. Staying up super late to get every possible minute together. Starbucks with a friend who can't stand coffee taste by loves the smell just like I do. Running hugs and giggles from girls. Sitting on a couch knitting and visiting. Holding little kiddos. Meeting at restaurants for 3 hours meals. Catching up with dear families and the little ones showing me *everything* they own. Many hours in a car, phone calls, beautiful secrecy always changing. Showing that there is a GOD and that He is ALIVE!
Finally. Reaching TN. Where my Moma, Daddy, Alyssa, and Christina were waiting at Gran and Grandad's, which is to me, Tennessee. I'd been there twice since moving a year and a half ago. But I had not been there with my family in 2 years. It was an happy, though emotional greeting. And oh, what fun we were gonna have! After our little Christmas there at Gran and Grandad's and meeting Jeremey over Skype, we got to worship at Morrison~ I got to sit with my Connie Jo, Marion was leading singing, and our Andrews came to see us! It was a PERFECT morning! We hit our favorite Mexican restaurant, and away we were for mini roadtrip-- CHATTANOOGA!
Dream come true #1~ On the Chattanooga Choo Choo! I asked for us to go on this trip. It was so special, just the 7 of us, on a trip again. Like old times... last time, but bring on the future with added family on our trips, too. :-)
My incredibly talented, beautiful, and very smart older sister, Alyssa! <3
My totally adorable, funny, super sweet younger sister, Christina! <3 
My GA family!! :) :) :) :) :)
We got to be with Gran on her birthday! We went to McKays, an incredible used bookstore and found many treasures-- including school books for my monkeys!
Gran and Grandad, Moma and Daddy, Alyssa and Christina. We were at Rock City! Dream come true #2 on this trip!!! It was fantastic. I'd go back anytime. It was beautiful. Loved the added features related to Christmas, too. And ohhh how I loved the caves and the lights!
My grandparents are so sweet. They are so good together. They take perfect care of each other. They have varied interests, they are super independent, and they are just AWESOME! I learn so much from being with them and am thankful beyond words that they have spent so much time with the three of us girls while we've been growing up. They have helped to make us who we are. I want to be more like them...
When I get to be with my sisters, we laugh a LOT! There are so many inside jokes and memories. I just love these girls. They know me. SO. Well. TOOOO well. =) We had a super di duper Christmas time at home in GA. We opened stockings, ate Lucky Charms, and opened presents. Everything was lovely, and I was totally impressed with my sisters' talents-- Christina knitting me a blanket and Alyssa made me a duffel bag. Both are beautiful!
Our time at home held a very special meeting. My gonna be brother-in-law. His name is Jeremy. And I love him. He makes us all laugh. He's super cool. Alyssa likes him, too. =D We had lots of fun together. He went to Grandma's Christmas with us and was just instantly a part of the family. 

When I'm back with my family, I never want it to end. When I see all my friends at Duluth, at preschool, my sweet babies... I just don't want to leave them. I loved that life in GA... but, my heart belongs to Missouri now. It's home... Soooo after a wonderful time seeing bunches of friends on my way home as well, I came back home, home to my Missouri. 

To begin Christmas all over again. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment